single-image

Mahathir heading to Sabah to campaign for the upcoming polls

PETALING JAYA – Former Malaysian prime minister Mahahtir Mohamad said on Monday that he will be heading to Sabah ahead of the state election in bid that those who jumped ship from the Warisan-led government will be rejected by the people.

In a video conference with non-government organisation MyPerintis, Mahathir said that the 13 assemblymen who previously left the government to join Barisan Nasional’s Musa Aman should not be trusted.

According to Mahathir, the 13 people from the state assembly left the (state) government to enter the opposition because they were ‘baited and bribed with money’.

Dr Mahathir, who led the Pakatan Harapan (PH) government for almost two years focused to eradicate corruption.

The former prime minister hopes that those who left will be rejected by the people as they have no principle and just follow the money.

Mahathir did not named anyone, but the 95-year old politician were sad to see those whom previously fought against corruption are now responsible for it.

Former chief minister of Sabah Mr. Musa claimed that he had majority in the state assembly after 33 out of the 65 state assemblymen took his side and supported the Perikatan Nasional government led by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin. Mr Musa has been previously charged with 46 counts of corruption in relation to the timber concessions but was eventually acquitted to all charges last June.

You may also like