About RM120mil in compensation will be paid to reacquire land that had been sold by Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) under the Barisan Nasional administration, said Khalid Abdul Samad.
The Federal Territories Minister said the sale of the 14 hectares of land, in 10 transactions, would be stopped and compensation would be paid to the would-be buyers.
“We will also recover money for the land transactions that are currently under renegotiation, which I will announce tomorrow (Oct 8),” he was quoted as saying by New Straits Times after the launch of the Run For The Deaf 2018 programme on Sunday (Oct 7).
Khalid said that 23 transactions were renegotiated, one brought to court while another 43 others were given the go-ahead to proceed.
Kepong MP Lim Lip Eng had previously lodged a report with the MACC on May 16, alleging that were there scams involving the sale of DBKL land deals under the purview of former federal territories minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.
Lim had alleged that half of the land was sold for Federal Territories affordable housing development and the rest for upmarket residential and commercial products.
On June 4, the MACC seized documents related to 64 parcels of land which had been flogged off without open tender between 2013 and 2018 by DBKL. The lands were valued at RM4.28bil.
The deals, involving 172ha of land, were allegedly made through “direct negotiations”, rather than by open tender.
Out of the 64 parcels of land, 16 lots or 37.24ha of land were sold to a single property developer for RM785mil.